Corso Vallisneri

Corso Vallisneri was planned by Giovanni Boiardo and his son Giulio in the first half of the 16th century.


Corso Vallisneri - 42019 Scandiano

The current layout of the street is therefore the result of the first significant urbanistic expansion of Scandiano carried out in 1548 by initiative of Count Giulio Boiardo. The street that extended from the Crocetta church (demolished during the hospital construction works) to the Tresinaro River was called Strada Maestra (High Road) or Giulia, along where originally stood the homes of the important Scandiano families: Sartini, Girardi, Gambari, Ruggeri and Malvezzi, whose names have long disappeared from the town registry. At the western end of via Vallisneri was the gate called Tresinaro or Reggio, built in 1772 during the government of the family of the Marquis de' Mari, then destroyed (the first of the town’s gates) in 1883

How to get there:
Coming from Reggio Emilia on National Road 467, turn right past the Tresinaro bridge and follow the road signs to the town centre. Then take the fifth street on the left and immediately afterward the first on the left. From Sassuolo (MO), at the traffic lights go straight on in the direction of Reggio Emilia, turn left before the Tresinaro bridge, take the fifth street turning left and then the first on the left. Park your car in Via Garibaldi and continue on foot, taking the third street on the right.

Distance from the Reggio Emilia exit of the A1 motorway: 16 km.
Local railway link with the station of Reggio Emilia, and bus service.

Related content