Entire territory Home / Discover the area / Art and culture / Churches, baptisteries in Scandiano

Churches, baptisteries

Church of Santa Maria Vergine

Dedicated originally to the Virgin Mary and subsequently to Our Lady of the Assumption, the church is mentioned among those existing in the province in the year 1000.

Church of Santa Maria Vergine - Read More…

Church of the Cappuccini

In 1622, the Marquis Ottavio Thiene donated four biolche of land to the Capuchin friars to be used for building a church dedicated to St. Anthony of Padua with adjacent monastery.

Church of the Cappuccini - Read More…

Church of San Giuseppe

The church was built in the first half of the 16th century outside the castle walls on the site of a small chapel officiated by the Confraternity of St. Joseph.

Church of San Giuseppe - Read More…

San Ruffino Church

In 944 the "ecclesiam san Rufini positiam in loco Ventuso" was named.

San Ruffino Church - Read More…

Church of Iano

The church is dedicated to the Assumption of the Virgin. The facade has a sloping roof with pilaster strips in the corners and upper pediment.

Church of Iano - Read More…

Church of Pratissolo

Mentioned in a document of 1288 as being under the governance of the parish church of Fogliano, in the early 1500s it was joined to the Consortium of the Priests of Scandiano.

Church of Pratissolo - Read More…

Church of St. John the Baptist

The church of St. John the Baptist is situated on the right bank of the Tresinaro river, behind the moat of the old castle.

Church of St. John the Baptist - Read More…

Church of Ventoso

Situated a short distance from the Torricella castle, the church is dedicated to Our Lady of the Assumption and dates to the year 912, mentioned in an act by Berengario.

Church of Ventoso - Read More…

Church of San Giacomo Maggiore

The church dedicated to San Giacomo Maggiore was first mentioned in 1302 as one of the chapels dependent on the Parish Church of Castellarano.

Church of San Giacomo Maggiore - Read More…

Church of Fellegara

The original layout of the church of San Savino dates to the early 16th century.

Church of Fellegara - Read More…