Follo arch

It was built between 1797 and 1800, during restoration works carried out to widen via Emilia San Pietro and to give an healthier environment to the whole neighbourhood.

Address and contacts

via Emilia San Pietro - 42121 Reggio nell'Emilia
+39 0522.451152 - Tourist office
iat@municipio.re.it

How to get there

The arch is along Via Emilia, in the town centre. See the map above.

Historical notes

The relief of the archivolt, probably alludes to the victories of Napoleon from the late eighteenth century: there are two neoclassical Nikai, respectively holding an olive branch (left) and a wreath and caduceus symbol of peace (right).
On the front is the inscription in Latin original, due to the abbot Gaetano Fantuzzi which stands MDCCXCVII the date (1797).