Church of San Rocco

Period of construction: 1872

Address and contacts

Via Pietro Nenni - Locality Caprara, 42040 Campegine
Phone 0039 0522 677127

How to get there

See the indication to reach Campegine

Historical notes

The church was erected by order of Don Matteo Romani on a design by the architect Marchelli, who expanded the pre-existing oratory, which was probably in place in 1630, for devotion to San Rocco, considered the protector par excellence against the plague. In fact, it was built in the place in which the bodies of plague victims were cremated and buried and where subsequently the remains of the Caprara villagers were interred up to the beginning of the 19th century. The church has three naves and a façade with Gothic lines. It was erected in the parish by decree of the Bishop on 4th June 1948, now aggregated with the parish of Campegine.

Useful link